SIT UP STRAIGHT & PAY ATTENTION!!!
Untap your creativity, professional performance,
health and emotional well-being…not to mention overcome ADHD
Techniques for Training your Attention
This blog series has been exploring power of the untapped mind, for healing and success. Everything is energy…the more we can manage our energy, the closer we will be to our own personal goals and happiness. Following are some more insights and techniques from B. Allan Wallace’s book (reference at bottom)
Generally speaking, spiritual practice brings with it a mood of focusing critically on how we live.
o Why do we engage in the kinds of things we do from day to day?
o What do we do merely out of habit.
o Others are worthy aspirations.
- So, while we are immersed in the ongoing flux of the happiness and pain of life, the spirit of emergence can guide us in seeking out a path of increasing sanity.
- Keeping our feet on the ground, becoming psychologically more healthy and less neurotic—that alone will bring a greater sense of well-being. There is then the feel of a smooth curve, flowing from mental health to spiritual maturation.
- Going beyond desires for things that are merely symbols of pure happiness leads to deeper understanding. We begin to see that we are interrelated with our fellow human beings, other sentient beings, the entire environment.
- Eventually a point is reached where all our other desires become derivatives of the one wish: “may I realize perfect spiritual awakening for the benefit of all beings.”
- Then, when that is the only desire that lingers, for a moment release it. Let it go and just be present.
- Similarly, when you focus the attention, when the mind settles, becomes more centered on the breath, release that. Release and be present in the sheer state of being aware. That will reveal to you the very nature of awareness itself.
Genuine Happiness: Meditation as the Path to Fulfillment, B. Alan Wallace, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2005
The Attention Revolution: Unlocking the Power of the Focused Mind, B. Alan Wallace, PH.D., Wisdom Publication, 2006.
This series of blogs is related to a book I am reading by B. Alan Wallace. I will be sharing my thoughts and findings as I go through it…feel free to visit me on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elaine-Scribner-Author/349499848483126 to pose me any questions or thoughts. My intention/hope is that I can post 2-3 times each week as I work my way through the book…so come back and visit me.
Living Joyously Tip for the Day:
Just Breathe……and let it go…..