SIT UP STRAIGHT & PAY ATTENTION!!!
Untap your creativity, professional performance,
health and emotional well-being…not to mention overcome ADHD
Techniques for Training your Attention
This blog series has been exploring power of the untapped mind, for healing and success. Everything is energy…the more we can manage our energy, the closer we will be to our own personal goals and happiness. Following are some more insights and techniques from B. Allan Wallace’s book (reference at bottom)
Creating time to balance your mind requires a measure of loving-kindness for yourself. …make choices truly conducive to your well-being, as opposed to merely providing pleasurable sensations, may first need to cultivate loving kindness.
- How we fill our days is simply a matter of our priorities
- What elective activities fill the moments of our days depends on our values.
- After basic needs…the rest of our time is devoted to fulfilling our heart’s desires…pursuit of happiness, fulfillment, or a meaningful life.
- Genuine Happiness — is a symptom of a balanced, healthy mind…just as a sense of physical well-being is a sign of a healthy body.
- Our first act of freedom should be to choose our priorities wisely
- Conative balance…the faculty of desire and volition…balance is when our desires are conducive to our own and others’ genuine happiness.
- Conative imbalances lead us away from mental health and into psychological distress.
- Conative deficit – we experience apathy toward greater happiness and its causes
- Conative hyperactivity – when obsessive desires obscure the reality of the present
- Conative dysfunction – when we desire things that are destructive to our own or others’ well-being and don’t desire things that lead to genuine happiness.
- Misguided desires = cravings
- When we seek the symbols of the good life—wealth, transient pleasures, praise and reputation—we are treading a hedonic treadmill and may be depriving ourselves of the reality of living well
The Attention Revolution: Unlocking the Power of the Focused Mind, B. Alan Wallace, PH.D., Wisdom Publication, 2006.
This series of blogs is related to a book I am reading by B. Alan Wallace. I will be sharing my thoughts and findings as I go through it…feel free to visit me on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Elaine-Scribner-Author/349499848483126 to pose me any questions or thoughts. My intention/hope is that I can post 2-3 times each week as I work my way through the book…so come back and visit me.
Living Joyously Tip for the Day:
You are free!!!!….Choose your priorities wisely